These chocolate truffles are perfect little bites spiced just right for the Yule season and feasting times. Extremely rich in texture, pure truffle with freshly grated orange peel and clean ingredients. You can make these beautiful treats at home and with very basic ingredients.
Ingredients (makes about 10)
- 65 ml whipping cream (I used my cultured 40% fat cream, the fatter the better)
- 30 g butter
- 100 g good quality dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- peel of 1 orange (always use ecological when you use peels, especially)
- Gingerbread spice mix (Ceylon cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, ground cardamom)
- In a pan, add cream and butter and mix until they’re melted. Dice up your chocolate or use chocolate chips and place them in the pan on top of the warm cream, mix until it melts nicely and everything is combined.
- Add the orange peel and cinnamon. Combine.
- Place this mix in your fridge and allow to harden enough until it becomes easily managed so you can form balls.
- When harden enough, remove from fridge and form balls – roll each ball in the gingerbread spice mix.
Serve together with a spicy tea, warm chocolate or a good strong coffee.
These can also be part of your Yule feast table and will surely impress your guests and family!
Do you like these Yule inspired posts? Do let me know! I love adding old spices to foods and treats this time of the year and looking forward to preparing our feasting table.