This is one of those meals that are easy to assemble and prepare, yet they are a winner at the table with both adults and little ones. It’s a winner and nothing can go wrong. I recently put up a post on food options for (single) busy men to prepare for themselves, well this one could be one of them. Nonetheless, I highly encourage you to make this for your family ASAP! You’ll also experience a little of Scandinavian cuisine.
- 4 potatoes for baking (this is often called a ”jacket potato”)
- 1 red onion
- fresh dill
- 250 g shrimps, cleaned and boiled
- 1,5 dl sour cream
- 1 dl homemade mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, both zest and juice
- Celtic Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- caviar (optional)
- butter for the potatoes
- Pre-heat oven at 220°C.
- Wash your potatoes and dry them with a towel. Prick them through the skin in different parts, easily and place them on an oven tray. Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, you can prepare the Skagen mix. We do the following:
- Chop the onion very finely. In a bowl, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped onion, shrimps, the juice of 1 lemon and its zest, caviar (if you use) and top with fresh and finely chopped dill. Salt and black pepper to your taste.
- When the potatoes are ready, get them out of the oven, make a cut through them vertically and fluff up the inside and add plenty of salt and butter. Add Skagen mix on top of them after fluffing.
- Serve alone as they’re quite satiating, perhaps enjoying a glass of mineral water.
If you get to try this recipe, please do let me know how you like it and don’t be shy about sharing pictures in my DM in Instagram so I can re-share! I love when I see others cooking and enjoying the food and creativity that goes into it!
What I enjoy about making a good baked potato is the crispiness of their skin, that’s a sign of a well baked potato and it pairs so extremely well with all the saltiness and sea breeze from the Skagen mix. Match made by Poseidon and Gaia. Eat up!
1 thought on “BAKED POTATO WITH SKAGEN MIX”
I have found your Telegram channel just now and saw some of the information you share, as well as briefly overlooked some of your views.
You seem like a very well-informed, healthy, well-adjusted lady. Especially on Telegram, finding actually well-intentioned people is extremely difficult. Wahmen suck this, men are terrible that. But you seem to actually be giving a much-needed, much-welcome female perspective with none of the all too common toxic vitriol. For that, I salute you.
Do not let the endless tides of negativity, even from seemingly our side, wear your spirit down. There will always be those of us who deeply appreciate our men and women who keep the traditional wisdom alive. I look forward to sharing your stuff with my bride-to-be and my future progeny. I have seen many good men and women worn down by idiotic polemics and if ever you feel tired too, remember the positive messages like this. Let our appreciation add to your light.
I shall comment more in the future if time permits, after I have perused your content for real.
Much love and salutations, Miss Julia.
LikeLiked by 1 person