I have been trying to ”perfect” this recipe as much as possible with the help of my dear husband that has been tasting all my attempts. But I think I have finally reached a final recipe this Tuesday. The reason why I insist on making your own high protein foods is because of the lack of bad stuff in it, no conservatives/preservatives, no Es, nothing additional besides really clean and functional ingredients that I have particularly chosen to make them not only tastier but also better in terms of macros. So here we go!
Ingredients (for 6 fairly big bars)
- 4 scoops of Jotunheim Nutrition Chocolate Whey
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (I used one without added sugars)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of sesame flour
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used chunky one)
- 8 tablespoons of milk (or more if dough is too sticky/hard to manage)
- Stevia (optional, if you think you need more sweetness, I recommend to skip it)
- 150-200g dark chocolate to melt (recommended 70-85% cocoa)
- more peanut butter to lay on top of bars
All you must do is add everything into a bowl, first the dry ingredients and then mix them well. Add the peanut butter and lastly the milk. Start combining them good with a spatula or by hand until you get a dough.
Melt your dark chocolate.
When combined well, form balls and then shape them longly as logs or bars. With a knife, make a dent in the top of each formed bar (that will be where the extra peanut butter and/or nuts will sit). Add your peanut butter in the dent you made, or you can add nuts and as soon as you’re done, pour the melted dark chocolate on top of the bars.
Let them cool in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate has sit. Serve them cooled.