You’ve probably already been told that the pill will solve your cycles, will avoid pregnancy, will not have side effects or that it will help you with your PMS (which you shouldn’t even suffer from).
Using the pill doesn’t address the root case of the issues you’ve just went to the doctor for. The pill doesn’t balance your hormones, but actually:
- Shuts your hormonal production off.
- The period you will have on the pill is not a period per se. It’s withdrawal bleed. It’s how your body reacts to the hormones in the pill.
- The pill will prevent ovulation, without an egg release, pregnancy is not possible.
The hormones in the pill are linked to the following side effects:
- Depression & anxiety
- Mood switches
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Low sex drive
- Insulin resistance
- Changes in your gut microbiome
- Among other symptoms and effects such as long-term infertility
The pill will deplete you from:
- B vitamins
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
All these all nutrients are VITAL for your fertility, energy levels, mood, thyroid health, avoiding PCOS and generally speaking, for your metabolism.
The pill does not aid your hormones nor treats your issues, just fools your system by shutting part of it down.