No minimum amount required to befoul your system.
- Alcohol increases oestrogen production, which is likely the link between increased breast cancer risk and worsened PMS and pain during your cycle.
- Alcohol increases toxic burden on your liver since the liver processes all hormones we produce and toxins we intake, alcohol will worsen your liver’s activity.
- Alcohol also disrupts your menstrual cycle as it impacts ovulation and fertility directly.
- Alcohol increases blood sugar with spikes and drops, which means that people with undiagnosed low blood sugar or diabetes will be negatively impacted while trying to manage this.
- Alcohol stalls fat burning, slowing your metabolism and using up the energy saved from food to be processed by your body.
- Alcohol prevents you from absorbing vitamins and minerals, reducing stomach acids and enzyme production hence impacting digestion directly as we cannot breakdown our consumed foods.
- Alcohol impacts your brain by shrinking frontal lobes, which affects both short and long-term memory.
“But women in the past drank!” Women in the past did not know what they were paying for a drink in fertile age and pregnant. Reason also why, while there were more pregnancies per woman – miscarriages followed quite often as well.
We’re lucky to have a lot of knowledge nowadays that can set us (and our children) up for higher success and a better life.
Give up vices and live freely from the shackles of addiction.