In my previous post many have asked for a safe alternative to chemical sunscreen: ZINC OXIDE SUNSCREEN.
- Zinc oxide is safe for marine life and can be used in water as it’s naturally resistant since it’s mixed with beeswax.
- Zinc oxide is safe for your health. A recent study showed how the general UV filters such as Avobenzone, Oxybenzone and Octocrylene are detected in bloodstream within a day after application, holding negative effects such as hormonal imbalances and infertility on both men and women.
- Zinc oxide is considerably the safest sunscreen option available being able to be used by pregnant women and children 💕
- Zinc oxide offers superior UVA and UVB protection. When compared to the usual currently approved and used UV-filters such as titanium dioxide, avobenzone, dioxybenzone and octocrylene among others…Zinc oxide provides the most effective protection against both UVA and UVB.
- Zinc oxide is photostable. When exposed to sunlight, zinc oxide doesn’t break down into free radicals once in contact with sunshine.
Titanium Dioxide, Avobenzone and the others widely used chemicals for sunscreens have shown to be “phototoxic”. They disintegrate into aromatic acids, phenols, acetophenones.. attacking other ingredients in the product AND YOUR CELLS.
This is exactly what makes sunscreens actually sensitive to sunlight and UNSAFE when in contact with light or chlorine (in pools, f.e.).
Reapply zinc oxide sunscreen every 2 hours on thick layers if exposed at sun directly and in water for keeping the protection up at all times and your skin and health will thank you later.
What makes a zinc oxide sunscreen safe? Its ingredients. Look for it to only have something along the lines: coconut oil, beeswax, zinc oxide.
Enjoy summer without worries and hormonal imbalances!